Monday 6 June 2011

Hi all. This is the first Xcavate! blog run by me, Chris Tripp. This incorporates all the work I do in community archaeology - walks and talks, workshops and adult education. I hope to detail here all the information if you wish to get involved with archaeology in Dorset and the southwest through Xcavate!

Chris Tripp BA(Hons) MA PIfA
Here are a few pics of past events.

A very wet and windy day on Eggardon Hill near Bridport.

The long barrow of The Grey Mare & Her Colts, near Abbotsbury, Dorset.

Kingston Russell stone circle above Little Bredy, Dorset.
My students dug here. A National Trust excavation of Bronze Age burial mounds on Golden Cap, Dorset. 

My next walk will be in Dorchester, meeting in the library car park at 10.30pm, Sunday 12 th June. Hope to see you there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment